I have noticed several of my blogmates posting their responses to “questionars,” evolution’s answer to those surveys of livejournals past that indulged our need to let the world know that we are, indeed, interesting creatures. Erin of The Post Modern Talk-O is one such awesome creature and, because she tagged me, I find myself doing one as well. But, oh! Look who else tagged me! None other than Rose of Dancing on the Bar of Life.
Without further adieu.
My random facts:
1. I used to give myself hickeys on my arms and tell my mother that they were allergic reactions so that I wouldn’t have to eat green beans as a child.
2. I had variety of severe allergies as a child. Because soy milk didn’t come into mainstream dietary fashion until the early 2000’s, I drank baby formula well into my early teens.
3. I have had two girlfriends.
4. I have definite opinions regarding politics, but I have no real drive or passion to discuss them – especially with people who disagree.
5. Every time I enter a new work space, I immediately scope the area out for places where I could climb into the ceiling in the event of a gunman/other nefarious individual attack.
6. I have an unreasonable fear of dying in a car accident.
7. I have an irrational fear of being randomly murdered.
8. I will eat breakfast at any time of the day. When choosing a place to grab dinner, my first question is almost always, “Do they serve breakfast?”
9. I know every word to “Albuquerque” by Weird Al Yankovic.
10. Long fingernails gross me out.
11. I was a reluctant girl scout.
Questions that Erin asked me:
What is the worst pun you’ve ever heard?
“Pun, Forest! Pun!”
Which blog do you never skip a posting of, why?
Hyperbole and a Half. She only posts … like… twice a year. And it’s always a huge deal when she does, so I always see them.
Share your current favorite animated gif.
Use your MP3 player on shuffle to answer the following two questions:
What would best describe your personality?
Crazier than you
“What is the worst thing that could happen?”
Set Yourself on Fire
In your opinion, which day is the best day to blog?
Wednesday. Lag day at work. Lots of people have time to waste on Facebook and the internet.
Tell us a little bit about your first road trip… Burma or Myanmar? Be specific.
Dude, I’m gonna skip those and go straight to Chuck-E-Cheese, because it would be infinitely more fun than either one of those places.
What book do you super wish they would turn into a movie?
Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld. And I want them to cast me in it.
What’s your go-to snack?
Nutella and toast!
Is the color that people say looks best on you the same as your favorite?
It’s one of them, so kind of.
Questions that Rose asked me:
You have one week to live. What do you do first?
I’d make sure that everyone knew how much I loved them. Can’t put that off until the last minute.
Saturday or Sunday?
Saturday. You have Sunday to recover.
You can go back in history and stop one thing from happening. What do you choose to stop and why?
I’d go back and tell 9th grade me to study a hell of a lot harder.
How long do you wait to show someone you’re dating your blog?
Oh, they all knew/know about it right off the bat. I don’t need to hide because I don’t use my dating life for fodder until I have had enough time to let it sit and simmer for a while.
Favorite Disney princess and why?
Mulan. She’s a badass and looks the most like an actual person out of all of them.
Whose commercials are worse: the Old Navy Modelquins or Flo at Progressive?
The Modelquins! At least Flo is a real person who is making real money pimping out flexible car insurance.
Tell me your first memory.
My first real memory is from when I pooped in the tub that I was sharing with my sister at the time. #nolie
A Genie gives you three wishes but you have to use them on other people. What do you wish for?
1. For the ability to give give my parents everything they need to retire, relax, travel, and have that kitchen they have been talking about since I was ten.
2. For my niece to go to the best schools to foster creativity and awesomeness.
3. For my grandma to go on one last hurrah!
You get cast to be on the Amazing Race- who do you pick as your partner?
Apparently someone I used to work with at an electronics company is a former bounty hunter. I’d pick them.
Tap dancing monkey or penguin?
I pick monkey. It would be significantly harder for a penguin to do a shuffle off to buffalo.
You’re having a bad day, what drink do you get at the bar to make you forget?
Here are the questions that I would ask people:
1. What was a moment in your life where you truly felt you were cheated?
2. Do you get along with your parents?
3. How did you get along with others as a child?
4. Any particularly interesting habits you do when you are bored?
5. Do you have any good impressions? Of who?
6. Favorite movie – why?
7. Have you ever found yourself obsessing over characters in your favorite books/films?
8. Most audacious thing you have done to date. Go.
9. You notice a child being picked on in elementary school. It is your time to be that cool grown up to give advice/help out. What do you say/do?
10. Have you ever taken the blame for someone else’s fart to save them from embarrassment?
11. What was the first time that you felt truly special?
… And most everyone else I know has already been tagged. So there you have it.