The Jas Way.
You will need:
1 bottle of cheap ass RED wine. Cabernet, Merlot, Shiraz, Hoity Toity Hybrid; I don't care. Red and cheap means joy to reap.
(Suggested brands: Oak Grove, Oak Ridge, Oak Leaf, or whatever the hell it is; the name doesn't matter because it all grows on the same tree and they sell it at Wal-Mart and Kroger for $2.97 a pop. If you want to be a Fanny-Fancy-Pants then you can go to Trader Joe's and get some 2 Buck Chuck.)
1 small bottle of the cheapest orange liquor you can find. This is generally going to be triple sec.
1 small bottle of the cheapest brandy you can find.
1 carton of orange juice
1 collection of random fruit, chopped.
(Suggestions: strawberries, mangoes, kiwis, apples. I mean, anything in the fruit section will work. You could probably get away with any porous food. You could probably use yams and it probably wouldn't matter. Once it soaks up the alcohol it all tends to taste the same.
Disclaimer: please do not credit me if you decide to use yams.)
Directions: Find a fool proof vessel for your impending creation. I mean it when I say fool proof. This stuff is potent. You may think that you are fine to continue pouring and serving guests after ingesting a glass or two, but you are probably wrong. Therefore, you might want to use something with a lid. Or better yet, something with one of those little spickets at the bottom of the barrel that you can press to make the sangria come out.
You have a container yet? Congratulations. Now put it aside for a second.
Get a big tub. Something enormous that you can pour a lot of stuff into and stir around.
1. Dump the entire contents of whatever cheap wine you chose into the tub.
2. If the bottle of brandy is about as big as the palm of your hand, go ahead and dump the whole thing into the tub as well. If it's a bigger jar, then just pour a little in and figure out how much more you need after step 4.
3. See step 2, except replace the word 'brandy' with 'triple sec.'
4. Pour in just enough orange juice to give the sangria a hazy purple color.
5. This is where you decide how much more brandy and triple sec you want to add.
6. Dump the fruit into the tub.
7. Mix it all up and add some ice.
8. Pour back into fool-proof container.
9. Make sure you have lemon juice and sugar ready for those who are little babies.
Serve. Have fun.